Click on link below to learn more about new Junior Cycle Geography:
The following topics will be studied in First Year 2018/19:
- What is Geography? Why study Geography?
- Working with Maps and Graphs.
- ECONOMIC ACTIVITIES: Primary Industry.
- THE EARTHS CRUST: Structure of the Earth, Earthquakes, Volcanoes, Fold Mountains.
- DENUDATION: Weathering & Erosion.
- INTRODUCTION TO ORDNANCE MAPS.
- RIVERs-Processes & Landforms
- POPULATION (Introduction)
Weather Tracking Study throughout School Year, using School Weather Station
Useful Websites/Videos (Click on links below)
- Primary Economic Activity
- How much oil is left?
- Primary Industries-Farming
- Structure of the Earth
- How Volcanoes are formed
- What causes earthquakes ?
- San Andreas Fault in California
- INTERACTIVE MAP OF VOLCANOES AROUND THE WORLD
- Farming System
- Economic Activities
- Chapter 1-The Restless Earth- Earthquakes And Volcanoes
- Ordnance Survey Maps
- Drawing an OS ketch map
- Rivers Powerpoint
- RIVER_FEATURES Worksheet